- $44 MillionCrane Accident Resulting in Amputation
- $10 MillionWrongful Death Verdict for Family of Man Shot in Night Club Parking Lot
- $7 MillionVerdict for 19 year-old man killed at an apartment complex in Atlanta
- $4 MillionWrongful death settlement
- $4 MillionWrongful Death Settlement from Construction Accident
- $3 MillionPersonal Injury Settlement Against Equipment Owner
- $3 MillionPremises Liability - $3,000,000 wrongful death settlement for gunshot victim
- $3 MillionSettlement on behalf of a foreign citizen who was robbed and shot at a mobile home park.
- $2 MillionRecovery from Gas Station Defendants for Injured Victim and Same Sex Spouse
- $2 MillionDisputed liability settlement for unemployed young man who was killed inside an apartment.
- $2 MillionSettlement in complex product liability personal injury case
- $1 MillionPremises Liability Settlement Against Commercial Shopping Center
- $1 MillionPremises Liability Settlement Against Apartment Complex for Shooting that Occurred Inside an Apartment Unit
- $1 MillionPremises Liability Settlement for Injured Victim that Was Attacked in a Parking Lot
- $1 MillionPremise Liability of High Crime Apartment Complex
- $1 MillionPersonal Injury Settlement Against Product Manufacturer
- $930 ThousandPremises Liability Settlement Against Individual Defendant
- $900 ThousandSettlement for 3 year-old who ran into roadway chasing a dog and was hit at a low speed by a tractor-trailer.
- $825 ThousandRecovery for family of young man who was killed during a shootout at an apartment complex.
- $800 ThousandSettlement for man who fell off a stairwell railing at a bar/restaurant.
- $750 ThousandPremises Liability/Negligent Security Settlement Involving a Tenant Shooting Another Tenant in a Common Area of the Apartment Co
- $645 ThousandSettlement of Disputed Liability Case Where Client/Gunshot Victim Incurred Less Than $10K in Medical Expenses
- $600 ThousandSettlement for stab victim in apartment parking lot
- $600 ThousandPremises Liability Settlement against Landlord for negligent security in parking lot.
- $550 ThousandSettlement for Clients Injured by Commercial Truck Driver
- $500 ThousandSettled Motor Vehicle Case Against a Municipality for its Insurance Limits
- $400 ThousandRecovery for young man shot in the leg while visiting an apartment complex.
- $350 ThousandSettlement For Client Who was Injured While in the Parking Lot of a Commercial Shopping Center
- $335 ThousandPremises Liability Settlement for Man Injured During a Shooting at a Convenience Store
- $250 ThousandPremises liability settlement for victim shot in nightclub parking lot
- $250 ThousandPremises Liability Settlement
- $200 ThousandPremises liability settlement.
- $190 ThousandShoulder Injury Due to Defective Stairs
- $175 ThousandMotor Vehicle Accident Settlement
- $150 ThousandSettlement for victim who was injured at a gas station.
- $145 ThousandPremises Liability Case for a Victim who was Assaulted in the Parking Lot of a Fast Food Restaurant
- $138 ThousandSettlement for client injured in slip and fall
- $115 ThousandPremises Settlement for Injured Victim With Under $20K in Medical Expenses
- $100 ThousandRecovery from Crime Victim Where Defendant Was Uninsured
- $100 ThousandPolicy limit settlement for gunshot victim.
- $100 ThousandInsurance policy limits settlement for gentlemen shot during late-night argument
- $85 ThousandSettlement involving motor vehicle accident where our client sustained minimal physical injuries and was cited for causing the a
- $80 ThousandPolicy Limits Settlement of a Motor Vehicle Accident
- $65 ThousandDisputed Liability Case Resolved for Clients Who Were Exposed to Carbon Monoxide in a Rental Home
- $50 ThousandPolicy Limit Settlement for Car Wreck Victim That Had Soft Tissue Injuries
- $50 ThousandPremises Liability Settlement for an Alleged Trespasser
At Pratt Clay, our philosophy is simple: we do what's best for our clients, not what's best for our firm. We also provide open and honest communication with our clients from start to finish, making ourselves accessible throughout every step of the process. Our firm has already recoveredmore than $80 million on behalf of clients – and now, we are ready to do the same for you.
Pratt Clay is a Firm Marked By National Experience
Our Atlanta injury firm has litigated with some of the most prominent attorneys in the country, trying cases in over 25 states and earning the respect of corporations, in-house counsel, and insurers in the process. Our lead attorneys,Bradley Pratt andChuck Clay, started their early careers as corporate defense lawyers. Now, we use the same strategies learned during those years of experience to create a tactical advantage for people who have been injured.We use our unique expertise and deep experience to resolve cases quickly and justly, helping families to get back on the road to healing, restoration and moving positively forward with their lives.
Georgia law allows injury victims two years to file a personal injury claim, this time frame is called the statute of limitations. This means you have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim or you may lose your right to compensation. The statute of limitations changes to six months when a claim is against a city or county. Generally speaking, the two main exceptions to this time frame is if the defendant leaves the state, in which case the time they spend out of Georgia will most likely not be counted as part of the two years, or if the claimant is a minor or legally mentally incapacitated a the time of injury. In this case, the claimant has two years from the day they turn 18 or the day they are declared mentally competent to file a claim.
Damages Available in a Personal Injury Case
There are three types of damages available in a personal injury claim, economic, non-economic and punitive damages. The first two are both compensatory damages which means the main purpose of them is to compensate the injured party for a specific loss. Economic damages, as the name suggests, compensates for financial losses associated with suffering an injury such as medical expenses and missed days at work while non-economic damages compensate for more abstract losses such as pain and suffering and emotional distress. Punitive damages are not compensatory damages, instead, their main purpose is to punish the negligent party for their reckless behavior. Punitive damages are not often awarded and are usually reserved for cases where the defendant knew their actions would cause harm but did them anyway.
Do you have more questions about your personal injury case? Check out our FAQ page! Our team of attorneys answers common personal injury questions including how much your case may be worth, how long cases can take, information on appeals.Click here to read the answers to these questions and more.
“Respected and Competent”
“Bradley is an excellent attorney who is capable of handling ‘bet the company’ litigation.”
Partner at another law firm
“There is no doubt that he kept our best interest at heart throughout the legal process, and we are relieved to have had him in our corner.”
“He has always displayed nothing but professionalism and a high level of legal ability and acumen.”
“Chuck was sensitive, caring, kind and compassionate and guided us through our wrongful death claim to an early settlement without the need for litigation.”
“Mr. Pratt is a top-notch advocate who always conducts himself with professionalism and high ethical standards.”
Partner at another law firm
“Chuck Clay is an intelligent, ethical and aggressive advocate.”
“Knowledgeable, Dependable and Passionate”
“Bradley always provides very wise counsel on every issue I bring to him.”
General Counsel of a client
“Bradley is in a class of his own and is one of the most accomplished lawyers that I know.”
Managing Partner at another law firm
“Mr. Pratt deserves recognition among his peers for always displaying the character of a gentleman yet zealous advocacy for his clients.”
Principal at another law firm
“We cannot speak highly enough of the dedication, professionalism, and character of Chuck Clay.”
Jeff and Carrie Safarriyeh
“I am so grateful to have found Chuck Clay!”
“Bradley is one of the smartest, most persuasive, and charismatic lawyers I know and I would entrust him with any case – plaintiff or defense”
General Counsel of a client
“Bradley is a highly-skilled attorney with a unique ability to relate to people – this is what makes him effective with witnesses and in front of a jury.”
Senior Associate at another law firm
Landlords have an established duty to protect their tenants. That duty requires they offer tenants the same protection as any other place of business. ...Continue Reading
- Who is Responsible for Apartment Security?
Landlords have an established duty to protect their tenants. That duty requires they offer tenants the same protection as any other place of business. ...
- Why Trespassers Can File Negligent Security Claims
It may sound unbelievable, but it happens. Whether they’re teenagers exploring an old building or a robber entering your home, trespassers can pursue ...
- Why Does My Back Ache? Signs of Spinal Cord Injury
Are you living with chronic back pain and aches? While back pain is extremely common among most age groups, it is not always an annoyance that can be ...